28 weeks
30 weeks
32 weeks
34 weeks
36 weeks
Dropped! (37 weeks 4 days)
38 weeks (This is the last one as we forgot to take one before we went to the hospital.)
Birth story:
Contractions started close to 2am Tuesday morning. I finally woke Leo up close to 3:30am as contractions were consistently 3-6 minutes apart and getting more intense. We got to the hospital close to 4 where I was told that I had no change from my OB appointment the morning before. I was nearly 4cm dilated and 75% effaced. They checked me an hour later and still had no change, but the contractions were more intense than before. They told me to walk the halls for an hour or so and if I had made progress I would be admitted otherwise they would call my dr. No progress and dr suggested pit. I was miserable and on the verge of tears so I agreed. Pit did next to nothing for me. They started it a little after 8 and at nearly noon, I had only progressed 1 cm (to a 5). And the contractions were sucking. They came in about an hour later and said they would check if Journey had gotten lower and break my water which should help. At 1:09pm, they broke my water. Contractions got really bad really quick. Close to 2 I asked if I could get in the shower to see if it would help. The nurse said they would have to leave the pit off for 10 minutes and then we could do that. She checked me and I was a 7. It was maybe 10 minutes later that I said I felt a lot of pressure. They checked me and Journey was right there. I was a 10. They called my dr who barely made it in time to catch Journey. He sat down, said lift you legs, and out she fell. He almost dropped her! Journey Grace was born at 2:19 pm (yes I progressed 5 cm in just an hour!) weighing in at 7lbs 7oz and 19 inches long. We are both doing well.
No comments:
Post a Comment